LG G3 has a 5.5″ QHD IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1440×2560. The device is powered by a 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2GB or 3GB of RAM depending on the model. Internal storage is available in either 16GB or 32GB. The G3 also features a 13MP camera, with “laser autofocus”, giving it a claimed fastest autofocus time of any smartphone. The exterior features a scratch-resistant metallic polycarbonate finish. All this is backed up by an impressive 3000mAh battery.
The unlocked version of LG G3 got CM 13 ROM long time back so CyanogenMod team are now working on its variants. Verizon LG G3 has also received the official nightly of CM 13 which will update the device to Android Marshmallow. If you want to install it on your device, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your LG G3:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install CM 13 ROM on LG G3:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 13 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 13 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.