Sony Xperia Z2 was released in March 2014. It has a 5.2″ IPS LCD display, with a resolution of 1920×1080. It’s powered by a Qualcom Snapdragon 801 processor, with 3GB of RAM, 16GB internal storage and a microSD slot. The Z2 has a 20.7MP camera, with 4K video recording at 60 frames/second. The Z2 is water and dust-proof with an IP rating of 55 and IP58.
CyanogenMod 11 ROMs are available for many devices and Xperia Z2 is the latest device to get the CM11 nightlies. This CM11 ROM runs on the latest Android 4.4.3 OS which was released for only a few devices some days ago. Besides getting the latest OS, you can get the pure Android experience using the CM11 ROM. Follow the steps given below to install it on Xperia Z2.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Note: This ROM might contain some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia Z2:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Bootloader unlocked
- Xperia Z2 must be rooted
- CWM Recovery installed
- CM 11 ROM zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install CM 11 ROM on Xperia Z2:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the CM 11 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 11 ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.