Sony Xperia Z has a 5″ 1080p display, featuring an incredibly high pixel density of 441 ppi. In order to power such a screen, the device features a 1.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, backed by the speedy Adreno 320 GPU. The Xperia Z also features 2 GB of RAM, 16 GB of internal storage, and a microSD card slot capable of taking up to 32 GB cards.
Sony has not rolled out the official Android 5.1.1 update for Xperia Z yet. However there are many custom ROMs available which will update Xperia Z to Android 5.1.1. Previously we saw how to install Euphoria ROM on Xperia Z. Now a build of OmniROM is also available. Follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia Z:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install OmniROM on Xperia Z:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the OmniROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the OmniROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.