Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPe is the phablet with amazing specs. It has a huge 6.4″ full HD display, quad core 2.2GHz Qualcomm processor, Adreno 330 GPU, 2GB RAM and LTE connectivity. It is IP58 certified, meaning it is dust and water proof, and water resistant to 1 meter or 30 minutes. It features an 8MP camera, 16GB of internal storage and it runs on a large 3050mAh battery.
Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPe runs on the pure Android OS rather than the one made by Sony. Many custom ROMs are available for this device. And one of them which has made its availability to this device is the OmniROM. This ROM is a new entrant in the AOSP family. Follow the instructions given below to install OmniROM on Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPe.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Note: This ROM might have some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPe:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Bootloader unlocked
- Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPe must be rooted
- Custom Recovery installed
- OmniROM zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install OmniROM on Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPe:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the OmniROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the OmniROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.
- If you want root access, download this file and follow steps 3 to 5 for the downloaded file.