OnePlus 3 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 CPU with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of storage. It has a battery capacity of 3,000mAh and can be charged up to 60% in 30 minutes with the included Dash charger. The AMOLED display is 5.5″ and FHD resolution. It runs on Android 6.0.1 and is powered by OxygenOS which includes many enhancements to Android.
OnePlus have rolled out an Oxygen OS 3.2.1 update for OnePlus 3. This brings about improvements in sRGB as well as better RAM management. Not all regions have received the OTA of this update. You can install this update manually too. Follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your OnePlus 3:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- OnePlus 3 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Oxygen OS 3.2.1 zip file
Steps to install Oxygen OS 3.2.1 on OnePlus 3:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Oxygen OS 3.2.1 zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Oxygen OS 3.2.1 zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.