Sony Xperia ZL has the same specs as the Xperia Z. It has a 5″ display with a 1080x1920p resolution. It is powered by a 1.5 GHz Quad core Snapdragon S4 processor, 2 GB of RAM, 16 GB of internal storage which can be expanded with a microSD card. It is not water and dust proof like the Xperia Z. Additionally, it uses IR technology to use the phone as a remote control for a television.
Many custom ROMs are available for this phone. Among those, PACman ROM is one such ROM which combines the features of all other custom ROMs. Additionally, this ROM runs on the latest Android 4.4.2 OS. Follow the instructions given below to install PACman ROM on Sony Xperia ZL.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your device getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia ZL:
- Make a Backup of the data on your device
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
- Xperia ZL drivers installed on the computer
- Xperia ZL Bootloader unlocked
- Xperia ZL must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- PACman ROM zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install PACman ROM on Xperia ZL:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the PACman ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the PACman ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.