Samsung Galaxy S4 was released in March last year. The Galaxy S4 i9500 is the octacore version having a Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7 processor. It has 2GB of RAM with 16/32/64 GB internal storage along with an expandable microSD card slot.
There are many custom ROMs available for this phone. The PACman ROM is a feature rich ROM which contains all the features of the three most famous custom ROMs – Paranoid Android, AOKP and CyanogenMod ROM. Additionally, the latest PACman ROM runs on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Follow the instructions given below to install the ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Note: This ROM might have some bugs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy S4 i9500:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Galaxy S4 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- PACman ROM zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install PACman ROM on Galaxy S4 i9500:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the PACman ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and place it on the SD card of the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache. Also format the system.
- Now go to “Install zip from SD card” and then “Select zip from SD card”. Choose the PACman ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip from SD card”, then “Select zip from SD card”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.