Nexus 5 is the latest entrant in Google’s Nexus series. Except for a slightly disappointing camera, it has all the high end specifications which makes it a beast of a phone. The Nexus 5 is powered by a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 2.3GHz quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM and an Adreno 330 GPU. The 4.95″ True HD IPS Plus display has a resolution of 1080 x 1920, with a pixel density of 445 ppi. Storage comes in at either 16GB or 32GB.
There are many custom ROMs available for this phone. But PACman ROM will combine all the features of the best custom ROMs – Paranoid Android, AOKP and CM. Follow the instructions given below to install PACman ROM on LG Nexus 5.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 5:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Nexus 5 must be rooted
- Bootloader unlocked
- Latest CWM or TWRP Custom Recovery installed
- PACman ROM zip file
Steps to install PACman ROM on Nexus 5:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the PACman ROM zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the PACman ROM zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.