The PACman ROM can be said to be a hybrid ROM. It combines the features of the three bigwigs among ROMs in the Android community: the Paranoid Android (PA), the Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) and the CyanogenMod (CM) ROMs. This is a huge benefit for users as they can experience the features of these various ROMs at the same time instead of having to choose either of them.
The Nexus 4 originally came with Android 4.2 but later an Android 4.3 update was made available for it. This PACman ROM that we are about to install also provides Android 4.3 with it. It contains all the features of Paranoid Android and CyanogenMod ROMs and some features of the AOKP ROM. It provides the users to choose from Phone UI, Tablet UI or the Phablet UI as per their need.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 4:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Download the latest PACman ROM nightly and Gapps zip files and copy them to the root of the internal storage of your device.
- Turn off the device and boot into recovery mode. To do this, follow the below steps:
A. Press and hold the volume up, volume down and power button simultaneously.
B. Use the volume up or down buttons until you see Recovery on the screen and then press the power button to boot into it
- Now perform a “Factory Reset”.
- Next perform “Wipe Cache” and “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
- Now flash the PACman ROM file by selecting “Install” and choosing the ROM zip file.
- Go Back and flash the Gapps by selecting “Install” and choosing the Gapps zip file.
- Now perform “Wipe Cache” and then reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully installed PACman ROM on your Nexus 4.
Note: The ROM is a nightly build and so may contain few bugs.