Nexus 4 has a 4.7″ 720p display, delivering 320 ppi. It is powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, featuring four Krait cores and the class-leading Adreno 320 GPU. In addition to the fast processor, the Nexus 4 also packs 2 GB of RAM and either 8 or 16 GB of internal storage.
Paranoid Android ROMs are one of the best due to the Pie and the Halo features. Recently, the development process of Paranoid Android ROMs has slowed down. But they are now finally available for a few devices. You can follow the guide below to install it on Nexus 4.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 4:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Nexus 4 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Paranoid Android zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install Paranoid Android ROM on Nexus 4:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Paranoid Android ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Paranoid Android ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.