Nexus 5 is powered by a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 2.3GHz quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM and an Adreno 330 GPU. The 4.95″ True HD IPS Plus display has a resolution of 1080 x 1920, with a pixel density of 445 ppi. Storage comes in at either 16GB or 32GB. Other features include an 8MP camera, LTE connectivity and a 2300mAh battery.
After a lot of delay, Paranoid Android 5.1 is available for Nexus 5. This ROM will update Nexus 5 to Android 5.1 and will add Paranoid Android features to it. If you are interested, you can follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 5:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Nexus 5 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Paranoid Android zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install Paranoid Android ROM on Nexus 5:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Paranoid Android ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Paranoid Android ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.