Nexus 6 features a large 5.96″ AMOLED QHD display, with a resolution of 1440 x 2560, giving it an impressive 493 ppi pixel density. It’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 quad-core 2.7GHz processor, with 3GB of RAM, and either 32GB or 64GB of internal storage. The Nexus 6 shooter comes in at 13MP, with optical image stabilisation and a twin-LED ring flash, for clearer photos in low light conditions. Other features include a 3220mAh battery and a bundled Motorola Turbo Charger for a quick battery charge.
Paranoid Android ROMs were one of the best custom ROMs for Android. Recently, the development of these ROMs have slowed down due to lack of resources and capital. However they are slowly releasing it for some devices and Nexus 6 has received Paranoid Android 5.1. If you want to install it, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 6:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Nexus 6 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Paranoid Android zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install Paranoid Android ROM on Nexus 6:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Paranoid Android ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Paranoid Android ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.