Nexus 7 is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core Cortex-A9 processor, 1 GB RAM and has 8 and 16 GB internal storage options. It has a 1.2 MP rear camera and 4325 mAh battery. It ran on Android 4.1 at the time of its launch but it can be officially updated to Android Lollipop.
Paranoid Android 5.1 ROM has hit quite a few Nexus devices. Nexus 7 2012 has also received it. If you are bored of stock ROM then you can install Paranoid Android ROM on WiFi version of Nexus 7 2012. Follow the detailed guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 7:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
- Nexus 7 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Paranoid Android zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install Paranoid Android ROM on Nexus 7:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Paranoid Android ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the device.
- Switch off the device and boot into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Paranoid Android ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the device.