Nexus 7 (2013) is the second iteration of the flagship tablet designed and developed by Google, in conjunction with Asus. With improvements across the board, the Nexus 7 (2013) features a 7-inch, 1200 x 1920 display, a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core chip, 2 GB of RAM, and 16 or 32 GB of internal storage.
Nexus 7 2013 has belatedly received the Paranoid Android 5.1 ROM. The development of this once famous ROM has been delayed due to lack of resources. But they are trying their best and have developed Paranoid Android 5.1 for WiFi version of Nexus 7 2013. Follow the guide below to install it on your device.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 7:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
- Nexus 7 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Paranoid Android zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install Paranoid Android ROM on Nexus 7:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Paranoid Android ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the device.
- Switch off the device and boot into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Paranoid Android ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the device.