OnePlus One sports a 5.5″ 1080×1920 JDI display. It’s powered by a 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor and 3GB of RAM. Storage comes in at either 16GB or 64GB. Other features include a 13MP camera, 3100mAh battery, dual front speakers and StyleSwap replaceable back covers. On the software side, the OnePlus One runs a version of Cyanogenmod with a unique modified user interface.
OnePlus One is yet to receive any official update for Lollipop. But many custom ROMs are available for this device. After the CM 12 ROMs, now the Paranoid Android ROMs are also making their presence felt for many devices. Follow the guide below to install Paranoid Android ROM running on Android 5.0.2 on the OnePlus One.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your OnePlus One:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- OnePlus One must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Paranoid Android zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install Paranoid Android ROM on OnePlus One:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Paranoid Android zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Paranoid Android zip file.
- Follow steps 5 and 6 for the Gapps file as well.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.