Oppo Find 7a is the successor to the Oppo Find 5. It has a 5.5in, 2K screen, Snapdragon 801 processor and 3GB of RAM. It also has a 13MP camera that shoots 4K video. At the time of its release it ran on Android 4.3.
There is no official news for the Android Lollipop update for this device. But Paranoid Android team have released their ROM running on Android 5.0 for the Oppo Find 7a. It is one of the very rare device to get the PA ROM running on Android 5.0. Follow the guide below to install it on the Find 7a.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Find 7a:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Find 7a must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Paranoid Android zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install Paranoid Android ROM on Oppo Find 7a:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Paranoid Android zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Paranoid Android zip file.
- Follow steps 5 and 6 for the Gapps file as well.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.