Sony Xperia Z2 was released in the first half of year 2014. It has a 5.2″ IPS LCD display, with a resolution of 1920×1080. it’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, with 3GB of RAM, 16GB internal storage and a microSD slot. The Z2 has a 20.7MP camera, with 4K video recording at 60 frames/second. All this is powered by a 3200mAh battery.
A new custom ROM is available for Sony Xperia Z2 – Resurrection Remix ROM. This ROM runs on Android Marshmallow and has many features – exclusive Pitch Black theme, quick slider shortcuts, gesture control options, navigation bar, enable/disable notification count option and numerous other value-added features to enhance user experience. If you want to try out this ROM on Z2, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia Z2:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Xperia Z2 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Resurrection Remix ROM zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install Resurrection Remix ROM on Xperia Z2:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Resurrection Remix ROM zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Resurrection Remix ROM zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.*