Samsung Galaxy S6 is powered by a 2.1GHz octa-core Exonys 7420 processor and 3GB of RAM. Internal storage comes in at 32GB, 64GB or 128GB, with no microSD slot available. The 5.1″ display features a Super AMOLED screen with a resolution of 1440 x 2560. The rear shooter has a 16MP sensor with an f/1.9 aperture, featuring Optical Image Stabilization, and 2160p video recording at 30fps. The front camera has a 4MP sensor with 1080p video recording.
Samsung recently announced Galaxy Note 5. Recognised XDA developer arter97, has successfully ported the Note 5 ROM into Galaxy S6. There are few bugs in the device but aside from it, this ROM can be used for day to day activities. Follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy S6:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Galaxy S6 must be rooted
- PhilZ ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Note 5 ROM zip file
- Custom Kernel file
Steps to install Note 5 ROM on Galaxy S6:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Note 5 zip file and Custom Kernel file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Note 5 zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Custom Kernel file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.