Samsung Galaxy S4 is Samsung’s flagship device for the year 2013. It has some great features which has made it one of the best device in the market. Some of the features of the Galaxy S4 can be used in other devices. For example, we have already seen the use of air gesture feature for all Android devices. Now there is another mod which lets you use the Galaxy S4 launcher and the weather widget on other devices besides the Galaxy S4.
This mod is especially useful for the users who are on the custom ROMs but still want to use the Touchwiz launcher. It will work on all the phones running on Android Jelly Bean OS. This mod is for all the devices – MDPI, HDPI and XHDPI. So if you want to try out on your device, follow the instructions given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your device getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your device:
- Make a Backup of the data on your device
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
- Android device must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Launcher zip file (MDPI, HDPI, XHDPI)
Steps to Install the Laucher and Weather Widget:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the appropriate launcher zip file for your device. Transfer it on your Android.
- Switch off the device and boot the device into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip ” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Status Bar zip file.
- Reboot the device.