HTC Sensation XL was released around 2 years ago. This phone is powered by a 1.5 GHz Scorpion processor, Adreno 205 GPU, Qualcomm MSM8255 Chipset and also 768 MB of RAM with an internal storage of 16 GB. Along with the Sensation XE, this was the first phone to have the beats audio technology. It had the Sense 3.5 UI. Since then, Sense has been updated to versions 4 and 5.
XDA Senior Member S.a.M.e.R_d released a ROM that allows XL users to enjoy the full benefits of Sense 4.1. Currently, the Sense 4.1 ROM is on its seventh build, and it has been rapidly improved since the initial build. So the owners of the HTC Sensation XL, who want to try out this ROM can follow the procedure given below. It must be noted that this ROM is only for the HTC Sensation XL and not for the HTC Sensation XE.
- HTC Sensation XL must be rooted.
- Unlocked bootloader
- Latest version of Custom Recovery installed (CWM or TWRP)
- Sense 4.1 UI zip file
- Make a backup of all data, contacts, messages, accounts, etc.
- Download the Sense 4.1 UI zip file and copy it to the root of the SD card. Root of the SD card means not within any directory.
- Now boot into the recovery mode.
- Factory reset the phone.
- Also format the boot, cache, system, data, sd-ext by going in “Advanced”.
- Now select “Install zip from SD card” and choose the file that was downloaded in step 2.
- After a few seconds, the process will be completed. Reboot the phone.