Google Nexus 4 is powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, featuring four Krait cores and the class-leading Adreno 320 GPU. In addition to the fast processor, the Nexus 4 also packs 2 GB of RAM and either 8 or 16 GB of internal storage. The device also features a 4.7″ 720p display, delivering 320 ppi.
Android 5.0.2 update has been rolled out for Nexus 7 but other devices are yet to receive it. SimpleAOSP ROM is available for the Nexus which will update the device to Android 5.0.2. SimpleAOSP is a custom ROM based on the AOSP, which is aimed at keeping AOSP to its simplest form but with improved stability and performance. Follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 4:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Nexus 4 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- SimpleAOSP zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install SimpleAOSP on Nexus 4:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the SimpleAOSP zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the SimpleAOSP zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.