OnePlus 2 is the 2015 flagship Android device of Chinese upstart OnePlus. It is the successor to the popular OnePlus One, and is due for release in Q3 2015. It features a 5.5″ 1080p LTPS LCD display, 1.8GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor, 4GB of RAM and a 3300mAh battery. Internal storage comes in at either 16GB or 64GB. The rear camera has a 13MP sensor and is capable of 4K video recording at 30fps, while the front camera has a 5MP sensor and can record 1080p video.
All the devices of OnePlus are extremely developer friendly, so you will find a large number of custom ROMs for OnePlus phones. For OnePlus 2, a new custom ROM is available – SlimRoms. It runs on Android 6.0.1 and has some distinct features – DPI (Dots Per Inch) screen resolution change option, exclusive SlimLauncher, Root access, performance tweaks and many more value-added features to enhance user experience. If you want to install this ROM, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your OnePlus 2:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- OnePlus 2 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- SlimRoms zip file
- Gapps zip file
Steps to install SlimRoms on OnePlus 2:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the SlimRoms zip file and Gapps zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the SlimRoms zip file.
- Now again clear cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the Gapps zip file.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.