A new change was seen in the 2013 Sony Xperia devices. Instead of the usual Timescape social media app, a new app named Socialife was visible. This app is seen on the new Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia L, etc. It is possible to integrate Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Google accounts. Socialife was only available for the 2013 Xperia devices.
XDA developer erorcun has ported Socialife to the 2011 and 2012 Xperia line of devices. This app will work on the any stock based Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean ROMs. It has been tried on many devices like Xperia Sola, Xperia U, Xperia Pro, etc. and it has worked without any problem. However, the numerous frustrating bugs and flaws present on the Xperia Tablet S, Z and ZL are still present on 2011 and 2012 Xperias.
- Create a Nandroid backup of the device in case something goes wrong.
- Download the Socialife apk file from the above link and place it on the SD card of the device.
- Open Root Explorer and make sure it is mounted as “R/W”.
- Now using Root Explorer, go to the directory where the Socialife apk file has been placed.
- Once the file is located, copy the file.
- Now navigate to the system/app directory using Root Explorer.
- Paste the Socialife apk file in the system/app directory.
- Once the above step is performed, long press on the Socialife apk file. And select “Set Permissions”.
- A following screen will appear. Tick the boxes that are seen in the image given below.
- After this, reboot the device. After the device reboots, the user will be able to use Socialife.