Sony recently unveiled the Xperia Z3 as the latest flagship device. Many apps or mods from this device is available for download due to the efforts of various developers. Xperia Z3 keyboard is the most recent app that can be installed to other Android devices.
Senior XDA member Vipuldj has come up with a port for installing the Xperia Z3 keyboard on other devices. The port has been successfully tested on a number of Android devices including Nexus 5, Galaxy S3, LG Optimus G, LG G2 and Galaxy Note 2. Emojis are also available with this keyboard. If you want to install it on your device, follow the instructions given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Android device:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Android device must be rooted
- Custom Recovery installed
- Android must be running on ICS+(4.0)
- Xperia Z3 keyboard zip file
- Download the Xperia Z3 keyboard zip file and transfer it to your device.
- Now boot in to the Custom Recovery.
- Go to “Wipe cache partition” and clear the cache.
- Now go to “Advanced options” and delete the dalvik cache.
- Go to “Install custom zip” and select the file downloaded in step 1.
- After a few seconds the process will be completed. Just reboot the phone.