Sony introduced an excellent feature on it’s Xperia T – Small Apps. It allowed an individual to have floating applications running over other applications concurrently. This is a great way to multitask, especially if the user wants to perform certain calculations while continuing the current activity or browse through the Internet.
Small Apps have now been ported to the CyanogenMod 9 and CyanogenMod 10 ROMs. It will work on most of the devices running on both of the above ROMs and not only Sony devices. It has been tested successfully on Samsung Galaxy S2 and Sony Xperia S running on CyanogenMod 10. After installing the mod, the user will also have to install the SLauncher app.
Note: Install this mod at your own risk. The writer or this site should not be held responsible for bricked devices.
- A rooted device running on CyanogenMod 9 or CyanogenMod 10
- Custom Recovery installed
- SSmallAppX CM9 zip file for CyanogenMod 9
- SSmallAppX CM10 zip file for CyanogenMod 10
- Make a Nandroid backup in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the appropriate zip file for your ROM and place it on the root of the SD card.
- Go in to the recovery mode.
- Go to “Wipe cache partition” and clear the cache.
- Go to “Advanced” and delete the dalvik cache.
- Now select “Install zip from SD card” and choose the file downloaded in step 2.
- Reboot the phone.
- Now install SLauncher on your device.
After completing the above steps, the user can use the Small Apps on his/her device.