LG’s Google Nexus 4 is one of the four phones in the Nexus line of devices. It has some impressive features packed with it. Nexus 4 comes with an 8 MP camera. Although the camera quality is quite good, some users are not fully satisfied with it.
A XDA member has come up with a camera mod which will improve the quality of the camera. The mod increases the 720p and 1080p video and audio bitrate, and additionally also improving the image decoding memory cap. This is done without replacing the media_profiles.xml file with a modified one. The script searches for entries and changes them, so no other entries are affected. This mod also includes an addon.d script.
The camera mod is only for the AOSP based ROMs. It has been tested successfully on CM 10.1. Follow the instructions given below:
- Nexus 4 must be rooted
- Bootloader unlocked
- Custom Recovery installed
- Camera Improve zip file
- Make a full backup of the device.
- Download Camera Improve zip file and place it on the SD card.
- Go in to the recovery mode.
- Go to “Wipe cache partition” and clear the cache.
- Go to “Advanced” and delete the dalvik cache.
- Now select “Install zip from SD card” and choose the file that was downloaded in step 2.
- Go back and just reboot the phone.
- If you want to change back to the original state, download this file.
- Clear cache and dalvik cache. And flash the file downloaded in previous step.
Note : Try this mod at your own risk. The writer or the owner of the site should not be held responsible for damaged devices.