Recently, Sony announced it’s very own phablet – Sony Xperia Z Ultra. Although the gigantic screen is it’s USP but many eyes may have been drawn to its new user interface and what not, especially its new launcher, widgets, and wallpapers. XDA Recognized Themer ThilinaC has managed to port it to many other Android devices.
ThilinaC has managed to port the new launcher and widgets of the Xperia Z Ultra, with a whole bunch of additional features not native to the original versions. Most notably, support for multiple resolutions means it can be downloaded for screens of different sizes.
It should be noted that the Sony Xperia Z Ultra theme will only work on the devices running on Android version 4.2.2. It might not be compatible with all ROMs. So try this process at your own risk. Follow the instructions given below.
- Android device must be rooted and running on 4.2.2
- Custom Recovery installed on the device (eg CWM or TWRP)
- Home Base zip file and Widget Pack zip file
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Home Base zip file and Widget pack zip file for your appropriate ROM and place it on the root of the SD card. Root of the SD card means it should not be placed within any folder.
- Go in to the recovery mode.
- Go to “Wipe cache partition” and clear the cache.
- Go to “Advanced” and delete the dalvik cache.
- Now select “Install zip from SD card” and then “Select zip from SD card”. Choose the Home Base zip file.
- Now again wipe cache and dalvik cache and repeat step 6 for Widget Pack zip file.
- The user can repeat steps 4 to 6 for any desired wallpaper from the above link.
- Go back and just reboot the phone.