With the launch of the Xperia ZL, Sony introduced a brand new feature for screen calibration – White Balance. This software allowed users to separately adjust the white balance, color saturation, and hue of the ZL’s screen. This is a very good addition considering how important the screen is on the wishlist of today’s customers. What surprised many was that Sony did not include this software on it’s latest flagship device – Sony Xperia Z.
XDA Forum Member mw1kaduxx has been successful in porting this mod to the Xperia Z. The developer has provided with a flashable zip to install this software. Another way is to push the file into the system.
Users who want to install White Balance Mod on Xperia Z can follow the instructions given below.
- Xperia Z bootloader unlocked
- Xperia Z must be rooted
- Custom recovery installed
- White Balance zip file
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download White Balance zip file and place it on the root of the SD card. Root of the SD card means it should not be placed within any folder.
- Go in to the recovery mode.
- Go to “Wipe cache partition” and clear the cache.
- Go to “Advanced” and delete the dalvik cache.
- Now select “Install zip from SD card” and then “Select zip from SD card”. Choose the file that was downloaded in step 2.
- Go back and just reboot the phone.