LG V10 has a 5.7″ IPS LCD, and has a resolution of 1440 x 2560. On the inside, the V10 is powered by a 1.82GHz hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor and 4GB of RAM. It has 64GB internal storage, with up to a further 128GB more using the microSD slot. The rear shooter has a 16MP sensor with optical image stabilization, laser autofocus and 4K video recording, while the front has a 5MP duo camera setup. The V10 runs on a 3000mAh battery.
TWRP recovery is available for LG V10. It has become one of the most used custom recovery due to excellent GUI and many advantageous features. Installing this recovery on LG V10 will bring you one step closer to unlocking the full potential of your phone. A detailed guide is given below which will help you install TWRP recovery.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your device getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your LG V10:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data
- Make sure developer options is unlocked
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
- Drivers installed on the computer
- Android SDK installed on the computer
- ADB and Fastboot installed on the computer
- TWRP recovery for LG V10
- Download the TWRP recovery file place it in the android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory on your computer.
- Rename the TWRP recovery file to recovery.img
- Connect the device to computer.
- Now navigate to the android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools on the computer and open command prompt in this folder.
- Type the following command and press enter
adb reboot bootloader
- Once the device is in bootloader mode, type the following commands and press enter
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now boot into TWRP using following command
fastboot boot recovery.img
- In TWRP recovery, mount the system as read/write. Done!
- Now disconnect the device from computer. Reboot into recovery by pressing Power + Volume Down until the device boots.