Micromax Canvas Magnus is one of the best devices made by the Indian manufacturer. In the previous article, we saw how to root the Canvas Magnus. Official support of the TWRP recovery is also available for this device. XDA Senior Member Santhosh M released an official version of TWRP 126.96.36.199 for this device. TWRP 188.8.131.52 Touch Recovery brings support for encrypted partitions in Lollipop, some exFAT improvements to enhance the compatibility, and MTP support while in recovery. If you want to install it on the Canvas Magnus, follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your device getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Canvas Magnus:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
- Canvas Magnus drivers installed on the computer
- Rooted device
- We will make use of the TWRP Manager app. Download it from the Play Store.
- Once installed, open the app and provide the root permissions.
- Click on “Advanced” and then select “Install Recovery”.
- Verify the correct device name on your screen then press Install Recovery if the correct device is showing.
- Wait for the process to get over and reboot and device. Done!