Nexus 5X is powered by a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 SoC, 2GB of RAM. Nexus 5X has a 5.2in display. Storage comes in at either 16GB or 32GB. Other features include 12.3MP rear-facing camera with an f/2.0 aperture onboard, as well as a 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture. Nexus 5X also has fingerprint scanner (Nexus Imprint), USB Type-C port which will allow for faster charging.
Although Nexus 5X was recently released, XDA developers have made custom TWRP recovery for this device. Using this recovery, you can root the device, install custom ROMs and do much more. To install it on Nexus 5X, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your device getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data
- Make sure developer options is unlocked
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
- Bootloader unlocked
- Drivers installed on the computer
- Android SDK installed on the computer
- ADB and Fastboot installed on the computer
- TWRP recovery for Nexus 5X
- Boot Image
- Download the TWRP recovery file and boot image and place it in the android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory on your computer.
- Now boot the device in the fastboot/bootloader mode.
- To do this, power-off the device and then press Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons together until your phone turns on. You should see Fastboot written on top of the screen.
- Connect the device to computer.
- Now navigate to the android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools on the computer and open command prompt in this folder.
- Type the following command and press enter.
fastboot boot twrp. img
fastboot flash recovery twrp . img
- Now disconnect the device from computer. To enter recovery mode reboot the device using Volume Up/Down button to get the Recovery menu and then use the Power button to select it.