OnePlus One was released in April 2014, marketed as the “2014 Flagship Killer”. The device sports a 5.5″ 1080×1920 JDI display. It’s powered by a 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor and 3GB of RAM. Storage comes in at either 16GB or 64GB. Other features include a 13MP camera, 3100mAh battery, dual stereo speakers and StyleSwap replaceable back covers. On the software side, the OnePlus One runs a version of Cyanogenmod with a unique modified user interface.
The TWRP custom recovery is available for this device. This recovery will make it easier for the OnePlus One owners to root their device. Other than this, it will also help to install custom ROMs, custom MODs and so on. Follow the instructions below to install it on the OnePlus One.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your OnePlus One:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus One:
- Make sure OnePlus One drivers are properly installed.
- Download the fastboot zip file on your computer and extract it to a convenient location.
- Download the recovery file. Rename it to twrp and copy it to the folder where the fastboot files were extracted.
- Now connect the phone to the computer.
- Open command prompt where fastboot and the recovery image files are extracted.
- Type the following commands and then press enter:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Done! TWRP recovery is now installed on the device.