OnePlus X has a 5.1in AMOLED screen with a resolution of 1920 x 1080. It is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor with a flagship-bothering 3GB of RAM, plus 16GB of expandable storage, a 13-megapixel rear camera, support for two SIM cards, and a large battery.
Previously, we saw how to unlock bootloader of OnePlus X. In this post, we will see how to install TWRP recovery on OnePlus X. TWRP recovery will help you a long way by easing the process of rooting the device, installing ROMs, MODs etc. Follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your device getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your OnePlus X:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data
- Make sure developer options is unlocked
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
- Bootloader unlocked
- Drivers installed on the computer
- Android SDK installed on the computer
- ADB and Fastboot installed on the computer
- TWRP recovery for OnePlus X
- Download the TWRP recovery file place it in the android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory on your computer.
- Rename the TWRP recovery file to recovery.img
- Now boot the phone in the fastboot/bootloader mode.
- Connect the device to computer.
- Now navigate to the android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools on the computer and open command prompt in this folder.
- Type the following commands and press enter
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot boot recovery.img
- Now disconnect the device from computer. Reboot into recovery by pressing Power + Volume Down until the device boots. When the OnePlus logo shows up, release the Power and keep holding down Volume Down until TWRP boots.