Samsung Galaxy J7 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor and 1.5GB of RAM. It features a Super AMOLED 5.5″ display, 16GB internal storage, with up to a further 128GB available via microSD, and wireless charging capability. The rear facing shooter comes in at 13MP and features an f1.9 aperture, auto laser focus while the front camera is 5MP.
It is possible to install TWRP recovery on Galaxy J7. Installing it will make it easier to root the device and install custom ROMs. If you want to install custom TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy J7, a detailed guide is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy J7:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install TWRP recovery on Galaxy J7:
- Make a backup of your data.
- Extract the contents of Odin on your computer and install Odin on the PC.
- Turn off the phone and make sure it is not connected to the computer.
- Boot the phone into Download Mode by selecting reboot from the power menu and holding the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons.
- Open Odin. Connect your phone to the computer and allow the drivers to install. You will see the “Added!!” message on Odin. If it doesn’t appear, make sure you have properly installed the USB drivers for your phone.
- Download the Recovery file.
- Click the AP button in Odin and select the .tar file downloaded in the previous step. Do not make any unnecessary changes on Odin.
- Click the Start button in Odin and wait for a few moments.
- Hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons near the end of the flash, and keep holding them until you are in recovery.
- At this point, you will reach the screen asking you if you want to allow system modifications.
By swiping right, you will trigger dm-verity.
- Go to “Wipe” then “Format Data” and then type “Yes”. This will wipe your internal storage, disable encryption, and factory reset your phone!
- Now go to “Reboot” >> “Recovery”. Done!