Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A recently received the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update in many regions. Although it has been a very short time since the update, developments of Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A running on Android 5.0.1 have already begun. There is a tutorial available for installing TWRP custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A running on Android 5.0.1. You will need to use the Odin software for this purpose. A detailed guide to install the TWRP recovery is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy S4 LTE-A:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install TWRP recovery on Galaxy S4 LTE-A:
- Make a backup of your data.
- Extract the contents of Odin3 3.09.zip on your computer and install Odin on the PC.
- Turn off the phone and make sure it is not connected to the computer.
- Boot the phone into Download Mode by switching it off and then simultaneously pressing the Volume Down + the Home key button. While holding these both buttons, you need to switch on your device.
- Open Odin. Connect your phone to the computer and allow the drivers to install. You will see the “Added!!” message on Odin. If it doesn’t appear, make sure you have properly installed the USB drivers for your phone.
- In the Odin Menu, make sure to check the Auto-Reboot and F.Reset options.
- Download the TWRP zip file on the computer. Extract it and you will get a file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Click the AP button in Odin and select the file extracted in the previous step. Do not make any unnecessary changes on Odin.
- Click the Start button in Odin and wait for a few moments.
- Phone will automatically reboot. Done !