Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge features a 5.5″ quad HD Super AMOLED display. It’s powered by either a 2.15GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 or 2.3 GHz Exynos 8890 processor, depending on region, and comes with 4GB of RAM. The Galaxy S7 Edge is available with either 32GB or 64GB of internal storage, with up to a further 200GB available with microSD card. Rear camera features a 12MP sensor with f/1.7 aperture, with phase detection autofocus and OIS. Front camera has a 5MP sensor with f/1.7 aperture.
Previously, we saw how to install TWRP recovery on Galaxy S7. A similar tutorial is available for S7 Edge. The method is same albeit very minor changes. If you want to install it on your S7 Edge, follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy S7 Edge:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install TWRP recovery on Galaxy S7 Edge:
- Make a backup of your data.
- Extract the contents of Odin on your computer and install Odin on the PC.
- Turn off the phone and make sure it is not connected to the computer.
- Boot the phone into Download Mode by selecting reboot from the power menu and holding the Volume Down + Home buttons while your device reboots. Once you reach the Download mode warning screen, press Volume Up to continue.
- Open Odin. Connect your phone to the computer and allow the drivers to install. You will see the “Added!!” message on Odin. If it doesn’t appear, make sure you have properly installed the USB drivers for your phone.
- Download the Recovery file.
- Click the AP button in Odin and select the .tar file downloaded in the previous step. Do not make any unnecessary changes on Odin.
- Click the Start button in Odin and wait for a few moments.
- Hold Volume Up + Home buttons near the end of the flash, and keep holding them until you are in recovery.
- At this point, you will reach the screen asking you if you want to allow system modifications.
By swiping right, you will trigger dm-verity.
- Go to “Wipe” then “Format Data” and then type “Yes”. This will wipe your internal storage, disable encryption, and factory reset your phone!
- Now go to “Reboot” >> “Recovery”. Done!