Sony Xperia Z3 is the latest device in the Xperia Z category. It has a 5.2″ IPS LCD display with 1080p resolution and utilises Sony’s Triluminuous backlighting technology. The Xperia Z3 runs on a 2.5Ghz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 3GB of RAM, 16GB internal storage and a 2600mAh battery. It features a 20.7MP 1/2.3″ imaging sensor, with a Sony G 25mm lens and maximum ISO of 128000 for low light conditions.
Although recently released, TWRP recovery is available for the Xperia Z3. This recovery will help to root the device. Besides it makes it easier to flash custom ROMs, mods, and much more. Follow the guide to install TWRP recovery on the Xperia Z3.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia Z3:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Xperia Z3 drivers installed on the computer
- Android SDK installed on the computer
- ADB and Fastboot installed on the computer
- bootZ3monxtest01.img file
- Make sure Android SDK, ADB and Fastboot files are present in the same folder.
- Download the bootZ3monxtest01.img file and place it in the folder where SDK, ADB and fastboot files are present.
- Boot the device into fastboot mode. To do so first power off the phone. Press and hold Volume Up button. Connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable while holding the Volume Up button on the Xperia Z3.
- Open command prompt in the folder mentioned in steps 1 and 2. Type the following command and press enter
- Now again, type the following command and press enter
fastboot flash boot bootZ3monxtest01.img
- Wait for the process to finish.
- Reboot the device with the following command