Google Nexus 6 was released a few days ago. We have seen how to unlock the bootloader of Nexus 6 and how to root the device. In this tutorial, we will see how to install the TWRP recovery on the Nexus 6. TWRP is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel. Follow the guide below to install it on the Nexus 6.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your device getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 6:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
- We will make use of the TWRP Manager app. Download it from the Play Store.
- Once installed, open the app and provide the root permissions.
- Click on “Advanced” and then select “Install Recovery”.
- Verify the correct device name on your screen then press Install Recovery if the correct device is showing.
- Wait for the process to get over and reboot and device. Done!