Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 has a 5.5in display. It is powered by a MediaTek Helio X10 CPU. Redmi Note 3 will come in 2GB as well as 3GB variants of RAM. The primary camera will be 13MP while the front camera will be 5MP. Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 has 16/32GB internal storage options which can be expanded further with the use of microSD card. It also has dual SIM-card support. Redmi Note 3 has a huge 4,000mAh battery and fingerprint sensor. Connectivity options include LTE, HSPA, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity.
It is now possible to install TWRP recovery on the Redmi Note 3. TWRP recovery will allow the users to root their phones, install custom ROMs, easily make backups and much more. A detailed guide is given below on how to install TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 3.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your device getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Redmi Note 3:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data
- Make sure developer options is unlocked
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
- Drivers installed on the computer
- Android SDK installed on the computer
- ADB and Fastboot installed on the computer
- TWRP recovery for Redmi Note 3
- Download the TWRP recovery file place it in the android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory on your computer.
- Rename the TWRP recovery file to recovery.img
- Connect the device to computer.
- Now navigate to the android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools on the computer and open command prompt in this folder.
- Type the following command and press enter
adb reboot bootloader
- Once the device is in bootloader mode, type the following commands and press enter
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now disconnect the device from computer. Reboot into recovery by pressing Power + Volume Down until the device boots.