Sony Xperia ZL’s White Balance feature allows users to separately adjust the white balance, color saturation, and hue of the ZL’s screen. Previously we saw that White Balance feature was ported to the Sony Xperia Z.
Now there are more Xperia devices like the Xperia T, Xperia V and Xperia TX on which this mod has been ported.
Users who want to try out his mod can follow the instructions given below. Note that this mod might not work on all the ROMs. So try it at your own risk. Follow the instructions very carefully.
- The device must be rooted
- Bootloader must be unlocked
- Custom recovery must be installed
- White Balance zip file
- Settings zip file
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download White Balance zip file and Settings zip file and place it on the root of the SD card. Root of the SD card means it should not be placed within any folder.
- Go in to the recovery mode.
- Go to “Wipe cache partition” and clear the cache.
- Go to “Advanced” and delete the dalvik cache.
- Now select “Install zip from SD card” and then “Select zip from SD card”. Choose the White Balance zip file that was downloaded in step 2.
- Now repeat the steps 4 and 5.
- Now select “Install zip from SD card” and then “Select zip from SD card”. Choose the Settings zip file.
- Go back and just reboot the phone.