One of the major positives of having an Android device is the heavy customization that can be done due to the open source nature of the OS. If you don’t like a UI or you are bored of it, you can easily change it as there are loads of apps available on the Play Store. And if you are a rooted user, installing different mods becomes even more easier.
The Xperia series is known to have one of the best UI and XDA member Jishnu Sur has managed to port some of the apps of the Z2 to CM based ROMs. Some apps ported are – Xperia Home, Easy Home, Walkman, Movies, Album, Notes, Sketch, Xperia Keyboard, Smart Connect, Xperia Lounge, Social Life, News, Tools, Widgets, Walkman Widget, Weather Widget and Sony Xperia Z2 Livewallpaper. Follow the instructions given below to try this mod on CM based ROMs.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Note: This tutorial might not work for all the ROMs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your device:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Device must be rooted
- Custom Recovery installed (CWM or TWRP)
- Xperia Z2 mod zip file
- Download the Xperia Z2 Mod zip file and place it on the root of the SD card.
- Now boot in to the Recovery mode.
- Go to “Wipe cache partition” and clear the cache.
- Now go to “Advanced options” and delete the dalvik cache.
- Go to “Install custom zip” and select the file downloaded in step 1.
- After a few seconds the process will be completed. Just reboot the phone.