Sony devices are known for their excellent camera quality. It all started with the Xperia Z1 which had a 20.7 MP camera. The Z2 and Z3 also have the same 20.7 MP camera. Besides the impressive specs, Sony also has the Smart Social Camera application. This app is revamped and given numerous new features to enhance the device’s photo and video capturing experience.
XDA Recognized Themer xperiaz2 has been able to port the Z3’s Smart Social Camera app on other Xperia devices running on Android 4.3 and above. Due to the common framework shared by the devices, the port doesn’t compromise on any of the features, packing all the original features such as Face In and AR Fun. Follow the instructions given below to install it on your device.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Android device:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Android device must be rooted
- Custom Recovery installed
- Android must be running on 4.3+
- Smart Social Camera zip file
- Download the Smart Social Camera file and transfer it to your device.
- Now boot in to the Custom Recovery.
- Go to “Wipe cache partition” and clear the cache.
- Now go to “Advanced options” and delete the dalvik cache.
- Go to “Install custom zip” and select Smart Social Camera file.
- After a few seconds the process will be completed. Just reboot the phone.