Sony Xperia Z is Sony’s latest flagship device. It has a stamina mode using which the user can save the battery by up to 4 times. Stamina mode works almost similarly to the other battery saving apps on the Google Play Store. However, it is quite useful.
XDA Senior Member Aeron sagar has managed to port this feature on the 2012 Sony Xperia devices. It has been tested on many devices – Xperia S, Xperia SL, Xperia Ion, Xperia Acro S.
The device must be rooted. This port is compatible only with the deodexed Jelly Bean firmwares. It works on both the locked and unlocked bootloaders. Follow the instruction given below to install it on any 2012 Sony Xperia device.
- Make a backup of your entire data.
- Download the Stamina Mode zip file on the computer and extract it’s contents on the computer.
- Transfer the contents of the zip file on the SD card of the Sony Xperia device.
- Now open the file manager and locate the app folder.
- Copy the app folder and paste it to the sys/app directory.
- Now find the bin folder and paste it to the sys/bin directory.
- Finally, move the framework.jar file to the sys/framework directory.
- After completing the above steps, reboot the device.
Once the device reboots, you will find the Stamina Mode app in the App Drawer.