Samsung Galaxy S4’s stock Touchwiz ROM comes with huge amount of bloatware. Bloatware is nothing but the Apps that come pre-installed with the smartphone. Some of these apps are pretty useless, so the user might want to remove them as they can slow down your phone. Removing these apps can give a nexus-like experience to the user. However the Samsung core will be intact!
Use this mod/script very carefully. Some of the apps that will be removed along with the bloatware include Gmail, Earth, and Google+ and so also S Voice and Samsung Hub. So only use it if you know what you are doing.
This mod is tested on both Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 and i9505. It is recommended to a make a full wipe before using this mod. However it is not strictly compulsory. Follow the instructions given below.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed on the phone
- TrulyClean zip file
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the TrulyClean zip file and place it on the root of the SD card. Root of the SD card means it should not be placed within any folder.
- Go in to the recovery mode.
- Go to “Wipe cache partition” and clear the cache.
- Go to “Advanced” and delete the dalvik cache.
- Now select “Install zip from SD card” and then “Select zip from SD card”. Choose the TrulyClean zip file that was downloaded in step 2.
- Go back and just reboot the phone.