Android 5.0 rollout to the devices has begun and as usual the Nexus devices have been the first ones to receive it. While mostly it has received glowing reviews, some users have complained about the unusual lag or stutter that has been plaguing their devices. There is a way of removing this lag. It involves use of the stock recovery that comes with Android. The detailed steps have been given below. Follow them to remove lag on Nexus devices.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your device:
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Non rooted device
- Stock Android 5.0 firmware
- Switch off the phone.
- Start the phone in the bootloader mode by pressing and holding the Power, Volume Up and Volume Down buttons together.
- Now Bootloader screen will appear. Use the volume down button to navigate until you see the “Recovery Mode” option. Press Power button to select the recovery mode.
- A sleeping Android icon will appear with a red exclamation mark.
- Press and hold Volume Up and Power buttons (this might be different for different devices).
- Now a screen will appear with many options.
- Go to “Wipe Cache Partition” using Volume Down button and press the power button.
- It may take around 10 minutes for the process to complete. Done!