Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-i9082 is the latest Smartphone in the Galaxy Series. It runs on the Android Jelly Bean 4.2 OS. It has a Dual-core 1.2 GHz processor with Broadcom VideoCore IV GPU. Additionally it has 1GB RAM, 8MP autofocus camera with LED flash, face and smile detection, image stabilization and also a 2MP secondary camera.
Samsung Galaxy Grand was launched in January 2013. And a good news for the Galaxy Grand owners is that the rooting procedure is already out for this device. It involves using the Odin flashing tool. Initially ClockworkMod is installed from Odin and then the phone is rooted from the recovery itself.
Follow the procedure given below to root Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-i9082. This procedure is only valid for the Galaxy Grand Duos GT-i9082 and not any other variants.
- Samsung drivers installed on the PC
- CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.zip file
- SuperSU zip file
- Odin3_v3.04.zip file
Installing ClockworkMod Recovery :
- Install the Odin flash tool on your PC.
- Boot the phone into download mode. Press and hold the Vol Down + Power + Home Button and wait for boot.
- Extract the CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.zip file on the PC.
- Now open the Odin flashing tool. Click “PDA” and select “CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.md5″ file that is obtained from extracting the zip package.
- Tick Mark Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time.
- Click “Start” and wait for the flash to complete.
How to Root :
- Copy the SuperSU zip file to the external memory of the phone.
- Turn off the phone. Boot the device into recovery by pressing and holding the Vol UP + Power + Home Button.
- Now go to “Select zip from SD card” and choose the “UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.05.zip” file.
- After a few seconds, the procedure will be completed.