Last month, Samsung released Galaxy Mega in two variants – Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 and Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8. Galaxy Mega 6.3 was an update over the Galaxy Mega 5.8. Previously we saw how to root and install CWM on the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3. The rooting procedure for Galaxy Mega 5.8 is exactly same. Follow the instructions given below to root Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 GT-I9152.
- Make a backup of your data.
- Extract the contents of Odin3 3.07.zip on your computer and install Odin on the PC.
- Turn off the phone and make sure it is not connected to the computer.
- Boot the phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home buttons together and then press the Power button until the device turns on. Now press the Volume Up button to continue to enter Download Mode.
- Open Odin. Connect your phone to the computer and allow the drivers to install. You will see the “Added!!” message on Odin. If it doesn’t appear, make sure you have properly installed the USB drivers for your phone.
- Download CWM file on the computer and extract the downloaded root zip to get a file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Click the PDA button in Odin and locate the TAR file. Do not make any unnecessary changes on Odin. Doing so will brick your phone!
- Click the Start button in Odin.
- Your phone will automatically reboot. You will also see the “PASS” message on Odin.
- Connect the Galaxy Mega to the computer using USB cable. Then copy the SuperUser file to the SD card of the device.
- Boot the phone into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together for about five seconds. The device will enter into recovery mode soon.
- Select “install zip from SDcard” then select “choose zip from SDcard”. Then choose the SuperUser zip file.
- After sometime the process will be completed and the phone will be rooted. Reboot !