Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 was launched only a few weeks ago. But the developers have started to experiment with the device. We have already seen that Galaxy S4 i9505 has been successfully rooted. Now developers have found out the way to root the Galaxy S4 i9500 also. Rooting of this phone will take place using the Odin flashing utility. Make sure that you are using the Galaxy S4 i9500 and not any other phone.
- Download both the files and extract it on your computer.
- Power down your device completely before booting back up in Download Mode. This is achieved by holding Volume Down and Home simultaneously, before long-pressing the Power button until a message appears prompting you to tap Volume Up.
- Launch Odin3 v3.07.exe as extracted in Step 1. Make sure that you run Odin as an administrator.
- Connect the phone to your computer, ensuring that an “Added” message pops up in the bottom left-hand area of the Odin interface.
- Under PDA, select the cofface_samsungI9500_recovery_en_.tar file to flash the recovery, which will later be used to root the device.
- You’ll need to make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are checked. Make sure that Re-partition is unchecked, or your device could become permanently bricked.
- Hit the Start button in Odin, and the flashing process will commence. Once CWM recovery has been successfully flashed, your device will reboot, and a message “Pass” should confirm as much by appearing in the left-hand side of the Odin interface.
- Turn the device back on, this time in Recovery mode. To do this, hold volume up + Home, and press the power button.
- You should find yourself in CWM recovery after a moment. (It does take a moment, don’t worry.)
- Navigate to “root your phone.”
- Pick “Root your phone (Old method)”.
- CWM will now show “Root Done, Please Reboot.”
- Reboot the phone.