Previously we saw how to unlock the bootloader of HTC Droid DNA. Once it is done, the next step is to root it. Now, the rooting procedure of Droid DNA is a bit different. First the TWRP custom recovery is installed and then the phone is rooted. Rooting the phone will enable the user to install custom ROMs, custom kernels, introduce various tweaks, etc.
- Download TWRP recovery file. Extract the files in your PC and rename it to “recovery.img”
- Download SuperSU and BusyBox Package. Extract it and put it in your phone’s memory. Remember its not internal memory.
- After that Reboot your phone in bootloader mode. To do this switch off your phone and Press volume down + power button and select “bootloader” from the options that will appear.
- Now connect your phone to PC via USB cable.
- On your PC, open the folder where you have extracted the file downloaded in Step 1. Open Command Prompt in Windows.
- Use the command “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” and let the code complete its run.
- At this point, TWRP recovery will be installed.
- Now reboot your phone again into recovery mode. To do this turn off your phone and press Volume up + power Button simultaneously.
- Many options will appear on the screen. Select “Apply update from SD card”.
- And then choose the SuperSU and BusyBox Package downloaded in step 2.
After some time, the process will be completed and user will have root access available on the phone.