Asus Zenfone 5 is a good mid range device. It has a 5″ display with resolution of 720 x 1280. It is powered by a Intel Atom Z2580 dual core processor with a clock speed of 2GHz and 2GB RAM. It has internal storage options of 8/16/32GB. Zenfone 5 has an 8MP rear camera and a 2MP front camera.
Asus recently released Android Lollipop update for the Zenfone 5. Now a tutorial is available for rooting Zenfone 5 on Android 5.0 v184.108.40.206. This is a one click tool and the whole procedure will be completed by a single click instead of writing difficult commands in terminal. Follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Android:
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Device drivers installed
- ADB drivers on PC
Steps to root Zenfone 5:
- Download the ZenFoneRootKit_20150528.zip and extract it on the computer.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled on the device.
- Connect the Zenfone 5 to the PC using the USB cable.
- Once connected, run the Root.bat file (Windows users) or Root.sh file (Linux, Mac users) obtained by extracting the file in the 1st step and let the process complete.
- Next, reboot the device. Done!
- Download the Root Checker app from the Play Store to confirm that Zenfone 5 is successfully rooted.